Saturday, October 31, 2015

Guest Post from Erica Lucke Dean, author of Splintered Souls


When I found out I would be guest blogging for Big Al, and on Halloween of all days, I knew my post had to be brilliant. I mean, nothing less would do. But every time I sat down to write, I found myself staring at a blank screen, day after day, waiting for that brilliant inspiration to hit. Should I write something about my brand new urban fantasy/paranormal romance, Splintered Souls? Should I write about my crazy farm (for those of you not in the know, I live on a working farm, but I do very little of the actual work)? Or maybe I should list my all-time favorite scary movies and the perfect candy to accompany each one (you’re dying to read that list, aren’t you?) But at 10pm on the night my post is due, I’m still staring at that blank screen.



I know what you’re thinking, and yes, I may have waited too long to get started. Why? Well, I’d like to say I’ve just been too busy to write, what with a new litter of piglets to photograph in every possible pose imaginable, a sequel in the works, and karaoke to sing, but the sad truth is I’m a writer, and therefore, a master of procrastination. In fact, my procrastination skills are legendary. Case in point, with the clock ticking down on my deadline, was I hard at work at my desk (i.e. comfy chair and laptop parked directly in front of the widescreen TV)? Um, no. I was in the kitchen whipping up a pumpkin pie—from scratch!—and cooking an epic dutch-oven dinner. I even have a third degree burn on my finger to prove it. And if you knew me, you’d know I don’t cook (because I tend to injure myself or others in the process.) And yet, my need to procrastinate supersedes self-preservation. I totally need an intervention before I procrastinate again. Or worse. Like burn the whole house down. And trust me, that’s a real possibility. I once flooded my stove. With water. Yes, the stove. It’s a long story. But I digress…

Blog post. Right. Here goes. Step one in beating the procrastination demon…

My new book is chocked full of suspense, romance, and time travel. Check out Splintered Souls.

I have eleven brand new stinking cute piglets down on the farm, and if it wasn’t a life-threatening undertaking to snatch one from its mother, I would totally have done it by now.



The original Halloween with a whole bag of candy corn.

And drop the mic. Blog post complete!

A great big thank you to Big Al for inviting me to hang out and talk nonsense for a little while. Let’s do it again, soon. :) 



Pick up your copy of Erica's latest book, Splintered Souls, from Amazon US, Amazon UK, or Barnes & Noble. Amazon also has piglets you can order. That's why it is called The Everything Store.


Thanks to Erica for the piglet pictures as proof.(All porcine pictures (c) 2015 Erica Lucke Dean for you picture rustlers.)

4 comments:

?wazithinkin said...

What a fun post! I am still looking for that list of your all-time favorite scary movies and the perfect candy to accompany each one. :D Happy Halloween!

Erica Lucke Dean said...

I might have to post that list on my own blog tonight. :) Thanks again to the Books and Pals crew for having me over for a fun Halloween post.

Erica Lucke Dean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BooksAndPals said...

Thanks for doing it, Erica. Your posts are always a lot of fun.