Genre: Legal
Thriller
Description:
“She dedicated her life to locking up criminals. Now she’s engaged to
one. From a bestselling suspense author comes a twisting story of love, law,
and lethal deception.
Stella Brant, single mother, U.S. Attorney, and soon-to-be-bride, is
used to controlled chaos. When she races to join her colleagues in the Moakley
Courthouse conference room her only concern is making it to the meeting on
time. The room is packed and everyone is staring up at the perp walk on TV.
The police finally caught the Lady Killer, the man who’s been
terrorizing the women of Boston for the last six months. The press shout
questions. The perp lifts his head. And Stella’s world implodes.
The police made a mistake. Stella knows this in her bones. Her fiancé
cannot possibly be the Lady Killer. But Stella’s goal, her true belief, her
north star has always been to obtain justice. That’s why she became a
prosecutor. Now that belief is put to the ultimate test.
How far is Stella willing to go to see that justice is served?”
Author:
The author of thirteen books that vary from romantic comedy to suspense and now a legal thriller, Beth Orsoff has a long history as an author. She’s an attorney in Los Angeles and a mother, but finds enough spare time to write books too. For more, visit her website or you can check out the interview she did for this book blog in ancient times (aka 2012).
Appraisal:
The first paragraph, really just the first line, of this book pulled
me in and never let go. It’s been a long time since I read a book that captured
me so quickly and I hated to put down. I started it while on an extended road
trip and found myself reading it every chance I got from lunch time at some
fast-food joint or my motel at night when I should have been sleeping. I had
opinions as to whether the fiancé would turn out to be a killer or not from
that first paragraph too, but that opinion kept waffling as Stella dug into the
details on her own and as a reader I observed what was going on. The thrills
and suspense of a thriller are here. We’ve also got some legal things thrown in
which are never too complicated for an average person to understand, but for
someone like me who likes to say that he’s not an attorney although he
sometimes plays one on the internet it just adds that more good spice to the
story and makes it seem even more real. I wish every book I read was as
engaging as this one. If you like legal thrillers checking this one out is a
no-brainer.
Buy now
from: Amazon US Amazon UK
FYI:
Some adult language and mild adult content.
Format/Typo
Issues:
While review is based on an advance reviewer copy it appear that there
are no significant issues here.
Rating: *****
Five Stars
Reviewed
by: BigAl
Approximate word count: 60-65,000 words

No comments:
Post a Comment